The benefits of implementing LiGO® GPS Vehicle Location System to track your mobile assets and employees are numerous. LiGO® provides ROI beginning the instant that it is implemented.
Installing LiGO® is like having a supervisor on board at all times in each and every one of your fleet vehicles. It allows you to see where your mobile assets are and what they are doing, allowing you to detect potential problems.
LiGO® produces ROI largely by increasing the efficiency of your fleet. With LiGO®, you will be able to monitor and control operations, track emissions, track fuel usage, manage routes and ensure compliance with the City’s regulations as well as local, state and federal laws. By tracking where your mobile assets are and what they are doing at all times, you can reduce personnel costs by reducing overtime. Since LiGO® is like having a supervisor on board that keeps track of everything automatically, you may also be able to save money by no longer needing someone to keep track of your fleet manually. We can also auto-populate information that once was hand written saving staff time and by integrating with your key business systems such as Lucity and Esri additional efficiencies and automation is possible to save you addition time, resources and money.
LiGO®can be used to track the amount of time your vehicles spend idling. In addition to burning excess fuel, time spent idling takes away from productive time. LiGO® will also provide you with information regarding how fast your drivers are driving, allowing you to determine if they are burning excessive fuel or putting your City at risk for speeding tickets or accidents.
Another big way that LiGO® provides ROI is by allowing you to manage routes. With LiGO® in place, you can see the exact routes your drivers are taking. Not only does this let you make sure that they are going where they are supposed to be going, it also allows you to ensure that they are getting from Point A to Point B via the most fuel efficient route. For cities where consumables are a concern, such as snow plowing that put down salt or de-icing agents, the system can also be used to keep track of the amount of material consumed. For example, you can see if your driver is taking a route that causes him to double back over the same area, using additional consumables and burning more fuel than necessary.
LiGO® also provides an opportunity for you to save on your insurance costs by providing safety protocols. In the event of a lost or stolen asset, having tracking installed will also make it much easier for you or law enforcement officials to recover your missing property.
LiGO® also provides safety and other types of intangible ROI. By tracking your mobile assets in real time, you will be able to provide improved customer service and better response times, making customers and clients more likely to trust your City government. LiGO® also enhances the safety of drivers and employees who are working alone in the field. It will alert you of accidents and incidents immediately, and you will be able to dispatch help exactly where it is needed in the event of a problem.
Below is an example of how much the City could save with LiGO® based on some conservative numbers entered and assuming 100 vehicles equipped with LiGO®. With an investment of between $36,000 – $43,000 in LiGO®, the City would have a return on investment within 4 months of implementation and save potentially $114,000 + a year.
Below is some additional information on ROI with LiGO®.
- Idle time reduction- By reducing idle time, fleets also reduce fuel use and the wear and tear on a vehicle. On average, LiGO® can reduce idle time by 30%.
- Increased MPG- LiGO® helps encourage a reduction in speeds. Reducing speed by just 5 mph improves fuel efficiency by 7 to 8 percent.
- Insurance – Safe driving practices helps lower insurance costs.
- Proactive Maintenance – This helps keep vehicles on the road and typically cost less than reactive maintenance.
- Decreased mileage – LiGO® allows for routes to be optimized, dropping mileage by potentially 10 to 30 percent.
- Planning – Optimizing routes without LiGO® is time consuming and requires several people. Automating this process could save staff time (e.g., 30 minutes a day).
- Asset management and productivity – Using assets more efficiently increases productivity and efficiencies of an organization.
- Transparency – With LiGO® your organization can be more transparent
- Time savings – Optimized routes means less time on the road. This will allow the city to complete more jobs in the same amount of time, leading to 10 to 30 percent savings.